Importance of a domain name; as an existing business or a start-up idea, the need for an excellent online presence cannot be over-emphasized. In this internet and technology age, a potential client looking to transact business with you will look at your online presence.
Your online presence is first your website and other online platforms you use in advertising yourself. If your website is easily accessible, it increases your chances of winning the client. To reach a potential client through a well-developed website is to have the right domain name that reflects your brand.
A domain name is a website’s equivalent of a physical address. Domain names work by acting as a shortcut to the server that hosts your website. Without a domain name, anyone who wanted to visit your website would have to enter the full IP address and an IP address is not easily memorized. The choice and registration of a domain name should be carefully done because it is very crucial in getting the desired result on your website.
Choosing the right domain name
The right domain name is important because;
- It projects your business as forward-thinking and technologically advanced. The world is now advanced and businesses do not need a physical space to transact business anymore. Whether or not you are selling products, people all over the world should be able to reach out to you through your website and access the services you provide.
- Your website is a viable marketing tool and the right domain name will achieve that for you. A potential customer can access your website anywhere in the world and know what you do without meeting them physically.
- Building your business and your website consistently and appropriately translates to more people visiting your website and that makes your domain name more recognized on search engines like
- Apart from adding professionalism and credibility to your brand, the right domain name will protect your business, attract customers and make your brand visible.
- A domain name is easily mobile. If you need to change your hosting site or move to another country, you would be able to retain your domain name. The mobility of your domain name anywhere in the world does not affect the brand you have created.
- Domains can use redirects, which allow you to specify that if people visit your domain, they’re automatically forwarded to another. This can be useful for campaigns and microsites or for forwarding people to dedicated landing pages on your main site. They can also come in useful for avoiding confusion around spellings.
Domain names are important because they are the best representation of your brand online. And even though you may not be able to buy the best domain name, you must find a domain name that reflects your brand. It is also important that your domain name meets the expectation of your potential client on your website. It would be wrong to have a food.com domain name and be selling clothes.
There are different types of domain names and knowing which one to register is another hurdle to cross. Different name providers utilize different systems and so the registration process may differ slightly depending on the provider.
Most domain name providers will allow you to type in your desired domain name and to see whether it’s available.
However, at Listed Hosting we will guide your choice of a domain name by looking at the services you provide and the ease of access to your website for your potential clients. It is also important to register your domain name with accredited registrars or resellers.
We recognize that having a substantial online presence will not only increase your consumer awareness but will also strengthen your brand and credibility. At Listed Hosting, we are ready to give your business that online presence so that you can upscale your business idea.